Any organization undergoing transition is in the process of managing change. To manage change effectively, the organization’s leaders should look forward and ask themselves important questions, including:
- Goals: What results are we trying to achieve? What does success look like for us? How will we achieve them?
- Governance: Who makes decisions, and at what levels of the organization? What decisions should the Board of Directors make? What decisions should the chief executive and the staff make?
- Capabilities: What capabilities do we need to be successful in achieving our goals?
- Structure: How should we structure ourselves to optimize our effectiveness?
- Culture: What kind of culture do we want? What values do we want to guide our behavior?
- Feedback: How do we measure our performance? How can we design “learning loops” so that the right people have the right information at the right time?
- Continuous improvement: How can we best assure that we are continuously improving the services and products we deliver?
A skilled outside consultant can be invaluable in helping an organization navigate change and address these different questions. The consultant can provide insights into where the organization is currently – and where it needs to evolve – in order to operate at a higher level. An outside consultant can also provide immense value by guiding the process and providing the perspective to focus the organization on the right things in the right sequence – so that the process of change occurs in a careful, thoughtful way – and to keep the process moving.
We work with Boards of Directors, executives, and management teams to achieve higher levels of performance by:
- Facilitating strategic planning processes to assure that leaders share a common vision of where the organization is going and what results it intends to achieve.
- Helping to clarify what the Board and executive staff need to do to achieve those results.
- Developing feedback loops so that performance measures are used at all levels to help people make decisions.
- Coaching Boards of Directors and leaders in the skills of effective governance, decision making, leadership, and management.
- Assuring that roles and responsibilities are clarified at each level of the organization.
LRI’s consulting is designed to achieve real, meaningful change for our clients.