This tool provides a simple, straightforward checklist for an effective decision making process. Leaders can use this tool to clarify decision making steps for defining roles and responsibilities – and training people to make better decisions. It includes brief definitions of the five types of decisions (our “Five Types of Decisions” tool contains detailed explanations of each type).
1. Autocratic: I decide myself.
2. Consultative: I decide after consulting with a defined group of people.
3. Consensus: We make it together. (Everyone has an equal say, and the vast majority of us must agree.)
4. Delegated: I delegate it to you. (I may want you to consult with me, but the decision is ultimately yours.)
5. Democratic: We decide on the basis of a vote, using “majority rules” or some other voting standard.
LRI’s consulting is designed to achieve real, meaningful change for our clients.