This tool enables leaders to increase the level of emotional intelligence in the workplace. It shows ways to increase awareness of emotions at both the individual and team level. It also suggests strategies to help regulate emotions. This is invaluable for leaders who want to create teams where there is a healthy balance of emotional and analytical intelligence. (2 pages)
Join the LRI Newsletter to receive free tools and expertise to improve your business.
Creating Awareness of Emotional Intelligence
For an individual:
- Take time away from group tasks to get to know one another.
- Have a “check in” at the beginning of the meeting – ask how people are feeling.
- Tell your teammates what you’re thinking and how you’re feeling.
- Assume that undesirable behavior takes place for a reason. Find out what that reason is. Ask questions and listen. Avoid negative judgments or attributions.
- Ask whether everyone agrees with a decision.
- Ask quiet members what they think.
- Question decisions that come too quickly.
- Appoint a devil’s advocate.
For a team:
Purchase to download the rest of this tool.