With regards to organizational effectiveness, what are the signs that a business is in trouble? What are the symptoms of a company that has lost its way? Based on the ideas of W. Edwards Deming, “The Seven Deadly Diseases” are the things you need to look for whether you’re managing a company or simply investing in it. (1 page)
Join the LRI Newsletter to receive free tools and expertise to improve your business.
Seven Signs of Poor Organizational Effectiveness
1. Lack of constancy of purpose:
- Purpose of business is to stay in business, grow, create jobs, and create value.
- Does the company have a clear strategic foundation – and the discipline to stick to it? (See related tool: “The Six Rings Strategic Planning Model”.)
2. Emphasis on short-term profits:
- “Paper entrepreneurs” only take a bigger piece of the pie, don’t make the pie bigger.
- Does the company show steady growth in sales, revenues and profitability?
Purchase this tool to download the rest.